I went on a small trip during my (last) spring break and I did it solo (gasp).
I believe that there are definitely some really great parts about traveling alone and I thought I’d share a few of those perks! However, while there are good aspects of traveling alone there are also some not so great parts which I’ll put in a separate post because you all know how wordy I get.
On to the list!
- Music. You can play whatever music you want on the drive to and from your destination. I don’t know about you but if I’m driving I need a specific type of music to put me in a good driving mood. Sometimes when traveling with others, the passenger dj won’t put on the tunes that I need to get me into a good mindset. When driving alone you are the ultimate dj and you can play whatever your heart desires.
- Stops. You don’t have to follow a schedule someone else created for stops on your drive. If you need to stop you can stop! If you don’t want to stop for four straight hours then just stay on the road.
- Food. You can pick what you want to eat! I found it so much easier to make a decision on what to eat because usually I don’t want to make a choice that the other individual/the group won’t enjoy. Also, if you don’t want to eat and just want to continue walking around you can do that because there’s no one else around to complain about not eating!
- Wandering. You get to walk around exactly where you want to go. You don’t have to fit in lots of different things that other people want to see and that you might not be interested in. Plus, you can spend as little or as much time at a location without bothering anyone else. Do you want to sit and look at the bean for thirty minutes?! Well now you can!
- Bedtime. You can go to sleep/wake-up as early or as late as you want. You don’t have to worry about not getting enough sleep or having to wait until whoever you’re with is ready to wake-up/go to sleep.
- Money. You don’t have to worry about splitting checks or splitting the bill for the hotel room or car rides. You are paying for what you are doing and that is it.
These are just a few of the good parts of traveling alone, there are definitely far more than six good aspects!!
Let me know if you’ve ever traveled alone, where you went, and what part of traveling alone you found the most enjoyable.