How often do you say you want to do something or you are going to do something but you never do it? Raise your hands please I’d like to know that I’m not alone.
If it is something that doesn’t relate to school work or actual work work, I’m less likely to do it. Pretty much anything that’s kind of for fun or a “dream” that I have for myself. It’s never anything serious like doing my taxes, but more along the lines of things I really wish I could do.
I wanted to write out all of the things that I’ve been scared to do here (or the ones that I can think of right now) and maybe set myself a goal to do these things by the end of the year or something like that? Yeah, I think an end of the year goal would be a good idea. I also want to kind of write out why I’m essentially terrified or nervous to do these things (which I’m going to say will maybe help me to actually achieve them?)…
Deep breath and let’s go.
(In no particular order.)
- Get an undercut. When I was younger I used to think that I looked like a boy. As I got older I attempted to keep my hair looking “feminine”, which is strange to say because I cut my hair short before but I don’t think I felt comfortable with my hair at the time. I changed my hair last year and put pink in it (this meant a lot of bleaching so my hair is damaged which makes an undercut a great option). I’ve put it off for a while but I’ve scheduled a hair appointment for next week. I think it will look really hot and my neck will be able to breathe (my hair is extremely thick).
- Get a tattoo. I am terrified of this but I want to do it. The thing that scares me is that sometimes I can’t help how twitchy my limbs will be (I can’t sit still) and so I’m terrified that I’ll twitch in the worst moment and mess up the whole tattoo. Plus, I didn’t really like the idea for tattoos that I’ve had in the past. I’ve kind of narrowed down something I would like to get tattooed on me but now I just have to stop scaring myself and know that the artist will know how to help the twitching situation. (Also, I’d like to think I have a pretty good pain tolerance but I think it is a thing you just won’t know until you try.)
- Solo travel. So I have already done this (yay) but on a smaller scale. My trip to Chicago was perfect but I think I’m ready for something more. I would like to take a 1-2 month long trip around some of Europe.
- Learn to ride a bike. Okay please stop laughing! Sir in the back I know that a twenty-two year old should know how to ride a bike but look I had a traumatic experience and I’ve been too scared to try since. Can I borrow a bike from someone and learn how to ride on my own please?
- Write a book. (Honestly, I got tears in my eyes just typing that.) I’ve wanted to write a book since I was in middle school…maybe even before that. I love books. I think they are extremely beautiful and I wish I could read while doing other things so that I never had to put a book down. I don’t think I could write a book in a year but I’d love to start something this year and see where it takes me.
- A month of videos. I think its amazing when a Youtuber can create amazing and interesting content for a month. That’s such an accomplishment. I want to try to do that too so that I can see if I can do it or not. I’ve done a month of blog posts so I think the next step would be to do a month of video content. (If all else fails then just a full week of video content. I’ll count that as a win too.)
- Go on a helicopter ride. You know how things have been happening with planes blowing up and malfunctioning? Well it has kind of scared me away from attempting to go up in a helicopter. I’m going on vacation in June with the family and I think I’m going to try to go at that point. (Send me happy and supportive thoughts.)
I feel like these are really big undertakings but hey I’m done with college soon and well I’ll have a bit of extra time on my hands so let’s see how it goes.